Quality, Environment and Work Health and Safety Policy
The purpose of this policy is to outline NPA's commitment to quality, environment and work health and safety.
This policy applies to all Note Printing Australia Limited (NPA) workers (including employees, contractors and work experience students).
NPA designs, manufactures and markets banknotes, passports and security solutions for Australia and other strategic customers.
This policy supports NPA's vision of being a worldwide benchmark for banknote and security printing services and solutions.
NPA meets customers' expectations by delivering quality products and services while promoting a workplace that reduces the environmental impacts of NPA's activities, and seeks to protect the health, safety and welfare of workers and visitors to NPA, striving to provide a zero harm environment.
NPA is committed to maintain and integrate its quality, environmental and work health and safety management systems (based on ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 / AS 4801:2001) in order to assist NPA to:
- achieve compliance with applicable legal and other requirements;
- strive for continual improvement in its performance;
- so far as is reasonably practicable, protect workers and visitors to NPA against injury and harm to their health, safety and welfare;
- prevent pollution of air, land and water by maintaining effective controls to minimise environmental discharges and prevent inadvertent environmental impacts;
- set and review measurable objectives and targets;
- eliminate or minimise, so far as is reasonably practicable, the risks arising from work, damage to property, and the environmental aspects and impacts of NPA's business;
- maintain monitoring programs and, where necessary, implement corrective or preventive actions;
- conduct regular management reviews to ensure NPA's objectives and improvement targets are met;
- educate workers in the quality, environmental and work health and safety aspects of the work they perform.
This policy has been developed in consultation with employees, is endorsed by the Executive Committee, and is reviewed annually.
Chief Executive Officer